In its pursuit to sustain and enhance peace-building initiatives across the continent YMCA Europe is pleased to announce its first call for the Roots Peace Award.
This initiative is part of YMCA Europe Roots for Peace project, with Brot fur die Welt Germany as its key funding partner.
YMCA Europe member and cooperating organisations are invited to submit applications to receive the Award of € 10,000.
In doing so, the applicant organizations are expected to:
- With maximum 500 words demonstrate the organisation’s contribution specifically towards YMCA Europe Roots for Reconciliation project. Let us know what do you think was that unique footprint of your organisation that enriched the Roots so far, and now deserves due appreciation.
- With maximum 500 words elaborate on the concept of the project, which you plan to implement if awarded. Let us know how far that project promotes peace and whether it is in line with YMCA Europe Roots’ theory of change and what innovation it offers. Please indicate clearly who are the target group(s) benefiting from the initiative.
- Indicate the estimated project budget, and whereby over € 10,000, provide clear information on co-funding sources and guarantees.
- Provide a piece of visual material (free style) exhibiting your case for further use in YMCA Europe Roots online platforms.
The applications have to be submitted by February 28th, 2020, through email to YMCA Europe Executive Secretary – Vardan Hambardzumyan.
The shortlisted applications will be nominated for final selection through online voting exclusively by YMCA Europe Roots Peace Work Institute Alumni by March 20th, 2020.
The award ceremonies will take place within YMCA Europe General Assemblies: this year in Brussels (May 21 – 24).
During the following two years (i.e. 2021 – 2022) the laureate organisation will not be eligible to reapply for the YMCA Europe Roots Peace Award.
Disbursement of the Award funds is subject to a formal agreement to be signed between YMCA Europe and laureate organisation, assuming the following responsibilities for the recipient organisation:
- As part of the contracting process provide YMCA Europe with implementation plan, timeframe and budget breakdown of the granted project.
- Upon the completion of the project provide YMCA Europe with a narrative report, including the list of participants, summary evaluations (if available), and visual (video, photo, publications, etc.) materials.
- Upon the completion of the project to provide YMCA Europe with financial reports, incl. the proofs of expenditure (receipts, checks, etc.) and/or audit resolution.
- Ensure the visibility of Roots for Peace Project with the YMCA Europe Roots logo, as well as the reference to the Roots Peace Award appear on any document, publication, website, etc. linked to the project.
- The 75 % of the award sum will be disbursed prior to the planned activity; the remaining 25 % will be released to the implementing organization only after the fulfilment of the above-mentioned requirements.