“Heal the Smile” is an initiative of YMCA Georgia within the framework of YMCA Europe Roots for Peace project, which aims to provide free psychological assistance to young people affected by the war in Ukraine.
The war in Ukraine has affected the lives of millions of people. Apart from alarming physical conditions, the war has the potential to cause severe emotional damage to young people and children, which can have long-lasting negative psychological effects and can result in the future and wellbeing of individuals.
The aim of the project is to help young people, who have been affected by the war in Ukraine, to handle the emotional hardship by providing mental health support.
Free sessions/consultations, held by professional psychologists, that will offer:
- Safe space where youngsters can receive individual consultation from a professional psychologist.
- Information on trauma healing methods, how to prevent PTSD, and ways to deal with it.
- Participants will receive relevant information about how to protect themselves and their loved ones in a dreary and deplorable situation.
- Are you a young person who has been affected by the war directly?
- Have you been struggling with mental health due to the war?
- Register here and get psychological support from professionals for free. Confidentiality is guaranteed.
- If you have experience and knowledge in the field of psychology/psychiatry;
- If you want to help those who have been traumatized by the war;
- If you can dedicate a few hours to the project as a volunteer;
- Register here to offer psychological help to those who need it the most.