Within its Roots for Peace Project, YMCA Europe is looking for a partner publishing house to implement locally based translation and publication of Peacework Guidebook (2019) into one of the local languages chiefly used in the Western Balkans (Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian / Montenegrin).
Knowledge of and experience in peacebuilding and conflict transformation publishing will be considered as an advantage.
Tasks: The partner publishing house will arrange for and implement the following tasks:
- Provide for translation of the book from English into one of the local languages chiefly used in the Western Balkans (Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian / Montenegrin). YMCA Europe will assign an Expert Editor to facilitate the process by ensuring correct translation of specific terminology;
- Provide for proofreading of the aforementioned translation (to eliminate misprints, technical omissions and mistakes, etc.);
- Co-design the ‘visual identity’ of the local book translation in accordance with the original design (in English, provided by the YMCA Europe office) by substituting the English text with the text in the local language and in Latin script;
- Send the pre-final version of the book for expert editing to YMCA Europe;
- Correct the final version according to the Expert Editor’s feedback;
- Provide for all the licenses, registration, etc. necessary for the translation’s e-publication and official cataloguing as such acc. to the local regulations;
- Prepare the approved final pre-press version of the book translation in an appropriate electronic format and submit it to the expert editor (with YMCA Europe) for final approval;
- Send the approved final e-version of the translated book to YMCA Europe head office in Brussels;
- Arrange for printing of 50 hard copies of the translated book (20 of which are to be sent to YMCA Europe head office in Brussels, the remaining 30 being used for local promo purposes of the translation publishing partner).
The deadline for completion of the task is the end of February 2022.
Please send your letter of interest and financial proposals (including info about / CVs of the key actors / people involved – the publishing house, the translator) to YMCA Europe Executive Secretary Vardan Hambardzumyan at firstname.lastname@example.org. This call is open till June 7th, 2021.